The first line of a novel is incredibly important in that it sets the tone of a novel, establishes point of view, and hooks the reader. Here’s your chance to see how your novel’s first line stacks up.
- The Fabulous First Lines Competition will be open to thirty (30) self-published and indie-published authors.
- The competition will run throughout the month of August 2015 as follows:
- August 2 – 8 => voting will take place for the first group of 10 authors
- August 9 – 15 => voting will take place for the second group of 10 authors
- August 16 – 22 => voting will take place for the third group of 10 authors
- August 21 – 29 => voting will take place for the top three winners from each week, with a winner being declared on 30 August 2015
- The prizes:
- bragging rights
- a badge you can proudly display on your website
- your book featured on EMSA Publishing’s homepage slider for the month of September 2015
- posts to social media (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, and Storify) directing readers to a blog post featuring your novel’s cover, book blurb, and author bio
For more information, visit the Fabulous First Lines Competition page.indie writers, indie writers network, indie authors, indie books, publishing, books, amazon, book clubs, paradon books